New York City, NY — SEPTEMBER 23, 2014 – Fodor’s Travel, the leading name in travel guides for more than 75 years, announced that The Meridian Club has been recognized as a 2014 Fodor’s 100 Hotel Award winner (Beach Getaway category). This distinction designates The Meridian Club as an outstanding hotel as selected by Fodor’s editors and travel experts, recognizing high style, excellent service and a remarkable experience for guests.
Each year, Fodor’s Travel invites their roster of 500 global contributors to nominate the best hotels in the destinations they live and write in. Fodor’s senior editorial team deliberated on over 4,000 Fodor’s Choice picks, poring over the list for months and narrowing their top selections into eight categories:
- All-Inclusive Vacations — From Antigua to Australia, these properties take care of all the details, so you can fast-forward to complete relaxation.
- Beach Getaways — If you dream of sandy beaches and lapping waves, consider escaping to one of these 12 resorts, from Oahu to Cancun.
- Boutique Chic — Tightly curated décor and local style define these 15 smaller hotels, from Calistoga to Zurich.
- Country Retreats — Romance and relaxation are among the draws at these 11 scenic properties, ranging from grand estates to mountaintop hideaways.
- Enduring Classics — These legendary properties around the world, from Rio to Paris, are more impressive than ever.
- Modern City — Sleek design and desirable addresses are the calling cards of these stylish urban hotels.
- Small Hotels — At these intimate hotels, all with fewer than 50 guest rooms, expect personalized attention and one-of-a-kind experiences.
- Trip of A Lifetime — From Bora Bora to Botswana, these 12 iconic destinations belong on every traveler’s bucket list.
“At Fodor’s Travel, we know our travelers have high expectations from the moment they check into a hotel — and so do we,” explained Arabella Bowen, Fodor’s Travel Editor in Chief. “Our 100 Fodor’s Hotel Award winners go above and beyond these expectations with their winning mix of service, setting, style, and amenities. We’re confident that a night at any of these properties will be a highlight of the trip.”
As a 2014 Fodor’s 100 Hotel Award-winning property, The Meridian Club will be featured on www.Fodors.com.
Fodor’s Travel covers 7,500 destinations and more than 17,000 of the best hotels around the globe, each of which receives an in-person evaluation. Fodor’s editors’ decades of experience helps take the guesswork out of trip planning, recommending only those hotels, restaurants, and things to do that meet their high standards, and designating the absolute musts with “Fodor’s Choice.” Whether travelers use print guidebooks, ebooks, mobile apps, or Fodors.com, Fodor’s provides highly curated advice on how to travel smarter, including the best arts and culture offerings, where to eat and stay at every price point, and tips and strategies for an authentic and immersive experience.
About The Meridian Club
Beautifully positioned on a two-mile stretch of talcum-powder beach – considered by many as the finest in the Caribbean – The Meridian Club is an environmentally-sensitive private island resort ideally suited to couples seeking an unspoiled, upscale but unpretentious romantic retreat. With no automobiles, televisions, radios or telephones ringing in your ears, you are left to unwind and enjoy the island’s natural beauty and tranquility. For more information, visit www.meridianclub.com or www.facebook.com/meridianclub.
About Fodor’s Travel
The Fodor’s name has been synonymous with travel for more than 75 years. Our award-winning guidebooks, website, eBooks, and mobile apps provide today’s traveler with up-to-the-minute information to over 7,500 worldwide destinations. Our vast team of global correspondents offers highly curated, expert advice on how to travel smarter, from the best arts and culture offerings, to tips and strategies for an authentic and immersive experience, and the right hotels and restaurants for every taste and budget. Learn more at Fodors.com and join our engaged travel community on Facebook (facebook.com/FodorsTravel), Twitter (@fodorstravel) and Instagram (@FodorsTravel). Fodor’s Travel is an imprint of Random House LLC, a Penguin Random House Company.